As an international student is allowed to work off campus and you can work off campus provided you meet certain conditions. The following are the conditions under which you can work off campus:

  • You are a student at a designated learning institution (DLI)
  • You are enrolled in a post-secondary, vocational or professional training program.
  • You can only start working off campus after your study program started, you cannot work before your study started.
  • A secondary-level vocational training program (Quebec only)
  • Your study program duration is at least 6 months long which leads to a degree, diploma, or a certificate.
  • You have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)