If you are an international student in Canada and you have your spouse or common-law partner living with you in Canada, they are eligible to work provided a work permit is approved.
Your spouse or common-law partner can work if:
You have a valid study permit and a full-time student at:
- A full-time secondary student at a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university or CEGEP in Quebec
- Canadian private school that awards degrees under the provincial law
- You have a valid study permit and social insurance number (SIN)
Your spouse or common-law partner can work for the same period of your student permit.
How to Apply:
- Your spouse or common-law partner can apply online for Work Permit.
- Their applications will be processed online only.
- Need to submit a few documents, as necessary.
- They can access the status of their application directly through online.